IMESIMES SpA is a hot forging company based in Italy that specializes in the manufacturing of components for global customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Varroc, IMES has been operating since the 1960s and is strategically located in Sumirago in Italy. IMES is a vertically integrated production site with extensive design and engineering capabilities, capable of manufacturing components from 3kg up to 270kg. The company offers a wide range of forging capabilities, including the ability to work with various steel types, CAD, CAM, CAE hot simulation, CNC-milling/turning, and close trimming technology. With a focus on quality products, IMES has a core group of strategic and long-term customers in Europe and the Americas, and its design capability allows for the manufacture of bespoke customer requirements. The company serves various markets such as oil and gas, undercarriage, automotive, agricultural, railways, renewables, road construction, lifting equipment, and aerospace.
Forging and Machining BusinessOur metallic forging division has three manufacturing plants (in addition to the integrated plant at Pant Nagar) and an R&D center in Aurangabad, India. Our forging business supplies precision-forged and machined parts for engine and transmissions to two-wheelers, besides also manufacturing four-cylinder crankshafts for commercial vehicles and stationary engines. We also supply key products for two-wheelers, three-wheelers and four-wheelers, including crank pins, connecting rods, flanges, ring gears, crankshafts, camshafts, knuckles, front axle beams and hydraulic components to leading OEMs, tier-one suppliers in India and for export to Europe. The manufacturing capabilities of forging include hot, warm and cold forging, heat treatment, post heat treatment machining and soft machining. The division has a crankshaft facility to cater to the commercial vehicle segment. The manufacturing capabilities of the crankshaft facility include forging and testing, and the engineering capabilities include design and drafting, simulation, post processor tool path as well as product design.
Engine Valves BusinessOur metallic valves division has two manufacturing plants and one R&D center in India. R&D centers are involved in the development to realisation of high performance technologies like sodium filled valves, hollow engine valves and titanium valves, and provide developmental support to customers in North America, Europe and Asia. We supply to all segments of the automotive industry and have access to major clienteles in the international market given that nearly half of the engine valves we produce are exported. Our metallic valve manufacturing capabilities include forging, heat treatment, induction hardening, pattern hardening, precision machining, hommel inspection and ultrasonic inspection.
Undercarriage transmission components with grossweight 5-20 kg
Product Featurisation (Features + Benefits of product) :
- Components with specific geometries for assembly of undercarrige in earth moving equipment
- Hot forged components, drilled and machined with CNC machining center.
- Capability to work with various steel types, including carbon steel, low alloy steel, medium alloy steel, micro alloy steel, and aluminum, to meet customer specifications.
- Offers an internal service for die and tooling development and can develop raw shapes/profiles for forged parts.
- all key forging process steps performed in-house, including cutting, forging, heat-treatment, and finishing, as well as shot-blasting.
- hot close trimming technology, double flange rollers for forging, blocker and precise forging (near net shape) technology, enabling it to machine on tolerances on par with milling machining.
- well-equipped facilities like Magnaflux (Magnetic Particle Inspection) and CMM machines to ensure quality products.
- Capability to forge components ranging from 3 kg to 270 kg.
- vertically integrated production site with extensive design and engineering capabilities.
- Five forging lines: 4000 Ton to 6300 Ton main presses and 16,000 Ton Hammer.
- Each forging line has individual induction and/or gas heaters, preforming presses, and trimming presses.